When it comes to exploration, adventure gear needs to be functional, comfortable and hardwearing. Yet while many find exactly what they are looking for when it comes to multi-packing compartments, security features and the perfect fit, colour and style can somewhat be lacking in contrast.
I’ve tried many brands over my years of globetrotting, where the blacks, kakis and muted colours have been the only options to match the detailed practicality. But now I am able to rock some colour on my travels too!
Recently, during a city-hopping adventure in Spain by train, Osprey invited me to put some backpacks to the test. The Ariel AG 55 litre in the vibrant ‘Tidal Blue’ and the Daylite Plus daypack in ‘Solar Yellow’ allowed me to move at ease while overlanding cross-country, as well as feel vibrant and stylish. It felt good to get back on the backpacking trail again at a time where my shorter trips have needed nothing more than a carry-on suitcase.
The Ariel AG 55 looks compact when laid out, but expands as you fill it, making it an ideal choice for hiking trips or extended travelling stints where you need to carry more. The main thing I love about this backpack is that the hipbelt is rigid, hugging your hips tight for a perfect fit when distributing the weight. Osprey is known for its AntiGravity backsystem and mouldable fit that comes from the IsoForm hipbelt, which is ideal when looking for a ‘women’s fit’. While I am used to side loader packs that essentially open like a suitcase, this backpack is designed with many pockets and compartments for easier accessibility when on the move. There’s a ‘top loader’ style pocket, side loader zips for alternative access, multiple compartments in the lid and also a bottom compartment where you can also access the main hold.
The Daylite Plus daypack was with me every single day, used as a front pack for my most important equipment when on the move with both bags (it has an expandable front pocket for extra storage) and then as my day-to-day backpack when exploring each city. This daypack is designed to be lightweight and versatile so that you can fit more into it, although it still has a padded laptop sleeve without bulking it out too much. The ventilated mesh back and Hydraulics (water pouch) reservoir alongside the outer side mesh pockets also turn this bag into a perfect trekking daypack.
WIN an Osprey Daylite Plus Backpack!
I’ve teamed up with Osprey to give three readers the chance to win my favourite Daylite Plus daypacks for your next adventure in Real Red.
To enter, simply fill out the entry box below and comment below where you are planning to explore in colour!
The three winners will be chosen after three weeks, on 22nd December, ready for your 2018 adventures!
Terms and Conditions
- This is an Osprey (“we/”us”/”our”) competition. For more info about us take a look at our website at www.ospreyeurope.com
- All entries must be received by midnight on 21st December 2017.
- Only one entry per person.
- All entrants must be aged 18 years or over and be a European resident.
- Employees of Osprey Europe, its distributors or agents and anyone connected with the competition, together with their families, may not enter the competition.
- Maximum of 3x Daylite Plus to be won by 3x winners. Winners will be selected at random from all entrants who enter by midnight on 21st December.
- By entering the competition you agree that if you win your name may be publicised.
- Winners should allow up to 28 days for delivery of prizes.
- If a winner doesn’t claim a prize within 28 days of being notified, or if a winner isn’t available to take up the prize, we may award the prize to another entrant (or not award the prize at all) without liability to the winner.
- All prizes are subject to availability, non transferable and non exchangeable. We may change the prize to a prize that we consider to be of broadly equivalent value. There is no cash alternative.
- Prizes will be despatched to winners via DPD, UPS or similar mail service, unless otherwise stated. We will not be liable for any prizes that are lost, delayed or damaged in the post for reasons beyond our control.
- Should a winner’s contact details change, it is their responsibility to notify us.
- Unless specified otherwise entrants must only enter the competition once and must use their legal name. We reserve the right to disqualify any entrant who uses multiple names and to require them to return any prize they may have won. Entrants may not enter or participate as part of a syndicate or on behalf of any other person, syndicate, group, society or company. You may not enter the competition using automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that permits any person to enter the competition repeatedly.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, we exclude all warranties, representations, covenants and liability (whether express or implied) regarding the competition or the prize but this won’t exclude our liability for death or personal injury as a result of our negligence.
- Our decision as to the winner is final. In the event of any dispute regarding the competition, our decision will be binding and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- We may disqualify you from winning the prize if we have reasonable grounds to suspect you may be in breach of these Terms and/or your use of a mobile phone and/or your participation in the competition may be fraudulent or otherwise unlawful.
- We reserve the right to amend or to cancel, alter or amend the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in our opinion, or if circumstances arise outside our control.
- If you have any questions relating to these Terms, please email us at [email protected]