View the Borders of Adventure Media Pack here.
Adventure-Culture travel narrative, with social, historical, political reporting.
Borders of Adventure is one of the leading online travel resources focusing on adventure and culture, with the specific niche of ‘perception changing’ and travelling with a social conscience.
It focuses particularly on misunderstood destinations, with insight into the social, historical, political and economic factors that shape the country or place in relation to tourism.
The website constantly strives to address topical issues relating to travel practices and which affect traffic footfall to a country, in the attempt to overcome misconceptions.
If travelling to a well-established or popular destination, Borders of Adventure aims to try and find a different angle on it in order to entice readers to dig a little deeper and see more of it outside of the ‘must-do’ lists.
The underlining message of the content posted is to inspire readers to travel differently, adventurously, responsibly and with purpose.
Borders of Adventure is primarily written in an easily digestible, quasi-journalistic, detailed reporting style, with a mix of fun articles providing humour where appropriate, while trying to remain informative.
No form of advertising will be listed on this website for free. Any commercial exchanges fall under my advertising rates. Do not contact me with offers of free content or ‘free exposure’.
Insights & Statistics
Borders of Adventure has its strongest following in the UK, Australia and the US, and captures its young professional, independent, traveller target:
Readers are predominantly aged 18-34, college educated and experienced in travel
Social Media Overview
Twitter followers: 20,500 +
Facebook fans: 7,800+
Instagram followers: 10,500+
Pinterest followers: 1,300+
Page Views & Visits
Monthly Unique Visitors: 45,000+
Average Monthly Page Views: 60,000+
DA: 43 PA: 53
Borders of Adventure (at the time known as Backpacker Becki) won the Travel Blogger of the Year accolade at the British Travel Press Awards.
Borders of Adventure is a member of the following professional organisations:
iambassador – An international collective of the world’s top travel influencers, developing innovative digital marketing campaigns.
Captivate Digital Media – An elite group of award-winning digital storytellers who reach an audience of discerning 30-plus UK travellers.
Press Trips and Brand Partnerships
Becki Enright is a PR consultant and award winning professional travel blogger with 13 years combined experience. Having represented some of the biggest consumer brands at some of the UK’s leading international PR consultancies, as well as her experience as a full-time travel blogger, she is conversant in the benefits of brand partnerships, campaign awareness drivers and on target message delivery.
Becki has already worked with a number of travel companies, adventure brands and tourism boards and is available for press trips, specific tailored tours and ambassadorship, which will provide your brand with a successful outlet from which to reach an audience looking for adventurous and cultural travel with greater insight.
Any form of partnership will only be undertaken with companies, which adhere to the values of Borders of Adventure:
- Keeping business in the hands of the locals
- Responsible and ethical travel
- Changing perceptions of that which is unfairly misrepresented
- Ethical volunteering
- Inspirational and safe travel for independent travellers which is not condescending or scaremongering
This allows for both a targeted brand approach for you and relevant content for the readers of Borders of Adventure.
Professional Freelance Writing
Becki also writes for other travel publications on a freelance basis, so can tailor articles for specific audiences and wider markets. A full list of commissioned articles and media work can be found here.
Please do not contact regarding commissions for free articles in exchange for ‘exposure’. My expertise is not free.
Paid-for Advertising Listings
A variety of advertising options are available and rates are competitive but flexible, including:
- Becoming an official partner of the website (with advertising listed on the homepage and the side bar of all blog posts)
- Native advertising, tailored to house style. All content in this style will be listed with the ‘in conjunction with’ disclaimer for reader transparency
- Listings in the Travel Resources or Travel shop sections, following a review of the product or service relevant to the audience
- Competition hosting, where your product can be advertised in an interactive manner
Only travel related content, that matches the tone and ethos of this website will be considered.
Borders of Adventure is open to reviews relating to:
- Guesthouses, hotels, hostels, homestays and alternative accommodations
- Adventure activities, trips and excursions that adhere to ethical and safe practice
- Unique tourism drives and campaigns
- All modes of transportation from new airline routes to slow multi-country bus travel
- Adventure travel clothing and equipment and stylish casual travel wears
- Apps and social media tools relevant to the travel market
All reviews are fair, honest and include a full disclaimer for reader transparency.
Should you represent a brand or company that promotes these values and who would like to work with us in a mutually beneficial partnership, do e-mail us at [email protected]